District Administration


As is clear from the organisational structure chart, Deputy Commissioner is head of the district administration.The collectorate consists of various branches headed by Srishtedars or Managers who are responsible for supervision, guidance and overall management of work in their branch. Every branch consists of First Division Assistants and Second Division Assistants among whom all work of the branch is divided.


There are various officials both at the district level and at the taluk levels to assist the Deputy Commissioner. They include the Assistant Commissioner's (Sub-Divisional Magistrate), Tahsildars, Shirstedars, Revenue Inspectors and Village Accountants.


The  Deputy Commissioner Court deals with cases pertaining to Revenue Appeals, Revenue Miscellaneous ( KLR Act, 1964 ), Prohibition of transfer of Certain Lands cases ( PTCL Act,1978 ) and inam cases( Inam Abolition Act ). One SDA  and Manager of Judicial Branch assist the D.C by doing backoffice work



Shri Islauddin Gaddyal, KAS

Additional Deputy Commissioner :

Shri P.S.Manjunath, KAS

Assistant Commissioner :


Where should be contacted for what ?

People come to the district level office with variety of grievances and most of the time people don't know whom to contact and how often need to contact to get his/her work done. Here is a bit of useful information.

The DC's office has many arms and each arm functions with coordination to one another. They include -
Administrative Section : Which deals with the matters relating to vacancies, appointments, pay & allowances, transfers & promotions, postings, retirements, CCA (Classification, Control & Appeals), Personal Deposit Accounts, Audit Reports, DC Diary and Business Statistics.

Revenue Section: This section deals with jamabandi, DCB (Demand Collection & Balance), Land Grants, Land Acquisition, Land Conversion, PTCL, Appeals, Land Reforms cases, Mines & Minerals and Regularisation of encroachments.

Election Section:This section deals with Election matters pertaining to Loksabha, Vidhansabha, Vidhanparishat, all local body elections such as Grama Panchayat, Taluk Panchayat, Zilla Panchayat, Municipalities, APMC, and other co-operative institutions.


Municipal Section:This section deals with all Municipal matters including service matters, progress made under various schemes like SJSRY (Swarna Jananthi Shahari Rozgar Yojana), IDSMT (Integrated Development of Small & Medium towns), Water supply schemes, Housing schemes and Slum Area Development.


Muzarai Section: This section deals with construction & renovation of Muzarai temples, appointment of Dharmadarshies and payments to Archaks' (Tasdik & annuity) salary, Aradhana Schemes. 

Census Section : This section deals with census matters.

Judicial Section: This section deals with judicial matters such as Law & Order (Section 144 etc.,) issue of licenses for Arms and Ammunitions & Cinemas.

Miscellaneous Section:This section deals with NSAP, OAP, PHP, MPLAD and other Schemes. It also deals with meeting statistics, PWD works, issue of income and caste certificates, House Rent Control (HRC) and other miscellaneous matters of Revenue Department.

Important services offered to the common man at various levels of the department are listed below.


At the Office of the Deputy Commissioner
Grant/lease of land to landless, co-operative institutions and religious institutions.
Permission to sell granted lands before the stipulated period.
Reserve Government lands for public purposes, opinion over the right over the trees for domestic/commercial purpose to Forest department.
To provide relief to the victims of natural calamities - rain, lightning etc.
Arms license/exemption certificate upto state level.
Grant of cinema license/video parlour.
Effecting court partition.
Revenue appeals against the orders of the Asst.Commissioner as per KTR Act 1964 and PTCL Act 1978.
Implementation of MPLAD/BADP/ calamities works.
Implementation of Municipal/Town Panchayat works.
Grant of copies of land records kept in the District office record.
Grievances against any department.
Solvency certificate.
licenses-kerosene., not for petrol bunks.
Sanction of Honorarium to freedom fighter.
Approval 4(1) Notification/awards approval in Land Acquisition Cases.
Financial assistance for construction of Temples.
Wakf properties.
At the Office of the Assistant Commissioner
Wakf properties.
PTCL cases - Restoration of lands to SC/ST persons, alienated in violation of PTCL provision.
Appeal against the orders passed by the Tahsildar/Deputy Tahsildar/Revenue inspector under the provision of KLR Act 1964.
Permission to Cultivate agricultural land as per Karnataka land Reforms Act 1961.
Solvency Certificate.
Conversion of Agricultural land into non-agricultural purpose.
Stamp vender license.
Permission to sale of lands confirmed under karnataka Ce tain Inam Abolition Act 1971.
Relief to victims of natural calamities.
At the Office of the Tahsildar ( Taluk office )
Income Certificate.
Caste Certificate.
Survivor certificate
Coffee Registration Certificate
Taluk level Arms license/exemption certificate.
Change of Khata in records of rights - hearing of dispute cases.
Grant of land.
Regularisation of unauthorised cultivation.
Relief to the victims of natural calamities.
Old age pension.
Widow pension.
Physically handicapped pension.
Solvency certificates.
Ration cards.
Domicile certificate.
Grant of finance assistance to religious institutions for construction of temple, mosque etc.,
At Nada office
Old age pension.
Physically handicapped pension.
Widow pension
Solvency certificate.
Small/marginal former certificate


Besides the above, the Deputy Tahsildar heading the Nada office is the recommending authority for issue of various certificates, license, grants etc., issued by the Tahsildar, Assistant Commissioner and Deputy Commissioner.

At the level of Revenue Inspector


Revenue Inspector, who is subordinate to the Tahsildar, is only the reporting authority to the Tahsildar, Assistant Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner. The Revenue Inspector's report will be the basis for licenses/grant certificates issued by the Tahsildars. The Revenue Inspector builds the records with all the basic information.

At the office of Village Accountant
Maintenance of RTC (Record of Tenancy & Rights) in respect of agricultural and other land in the revenue village limit. Land Holdings (Khata / Jamabandhi Register)
Issue of copies of RTCs.
Birth and Death registration.
Collection of Land Revenue and other Government dues. H
olding certificate.
Certificate for NOC to lift irrigation from Government sources.