By Air :
The nearest airport to Gadag is the Hubli airport, located about 64 km away. The next one is the Sambre Airport at Belgaum, which is approximately 128 km away. However, you should keep in mind that there are no regular flights to Gadag from other major cities of the country.
By Train :
This is a better option to arrive straight to Gadag. The Balganur, Kangihai and Gadag Junction Railway Stations all interconnect very well with other cities in the state. If you are from outside Karnataka, you should be able to find overnight trains to Gadag from Mumbai, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, and Hyderabad.
By Bus :
If you want to travel to various places within Gadag, then your best option will be to take a bus. The region is a high traffic area. As such, you will have no problem in finding bus s that take you to any of the famous locations in the region. If you are traveling in a car, make sure you have the destinations mapped out. Since the interior locations may be sparsely populated, it can be quite troublesome if you have not done proper research and accurately pinpointed the route to the place you wish to visit.
- Ankola-Gooty (in AP) National Highway 63 passes through Gadag Town in the district
- Vijaypur-Hubballi National Highway 218 passes through Nargund Town in the district
- Bengaluru-Hospet-Gadag-Hubballi railway line passes through Gadag
- Gadag-Bagalkot-Vijaypur-Sholapur(Maharastra) railway line passes through the district
- New broad gauge line is being developed to connect Wadi to Gadag
|Nearest Airport||Distance||Nearest Airport||Distance|
|Hubballi||64 km.||Karwar||240 km.|
|Belagavi||128 km.||Mangaluru||420 km.|
|Goa||220 km.||Chennai||786 km.|
|Bengaluru||449 km.||Mumbai||634 km.|