Seva sindhu is one stop shop to provide government related services and other information to the citizens. It is an integrated portal, to provide government services for the community which can be a very powerful tool to bridge the digital divide in the state, be it with the Government and the citizens, Government and the Businesses, Departments within the Governments etc. The Service delivery centre can use this portal to provide citizen centric services to the community by setting up a kiosk at the villages and cities. The aim of Sevasindhu is to make government services more accessible, cost-effective, accountable and transparent. It also provides the citizens with necessary awareness and assistance on government schemes and facilities to the community through effective information dissemination. It is a step towards seamless integration of the services of various departments. It also helps the departments in streamlining/simplifying the procedures/processes of the Department by removing cumbersome, time consuming and non-value adding steps/processes of the department so as to provide better services to the citizens. It also builds accountability.
About Seva Sindhu (e District)
Seva Sindhu (e District) is one of the 31 MMPs under NeGP (National e Governance Plan), with the Department of Information Technology (DIT), Government of India (GoI) as the nodal department, to be implemented by State Government or their designated agencies.The Seva Sindhu project was conceptualized to improve this experience and enhance the efficiencies of the various Departments at the district-level to enable seamless service delivery to the citizen.
Directorate of EDCS is the Nodal Agency in the State of Karnataka for implementation of the project at the State Level.As on date 346 services has been identified under various Departments to be integrated with Seva Sindhu. Out of these 71 are the National Mandatory Services and 225 are the State selected services. The Pilot Launch of Seva Sindhu was started on 26th May 2017 across the entire State of Karnataka with the integration of 29 certificate services from Revenue Department. Currently, 18 additional services from Food and civil supplies, Drugs control, Health and family welfare and planning departments are also integrated.
Some of the major Advantages to the Departments are
- Departments can focus on their core functions which will help to increase efficiency of Departments and officials.
- Various factual and exceptional MIS Reports will be made available to Departments via e-Portal which can lead to better planning and implementation of Government services
- Linking the applications to SAKALA will ensure timely delivery of services.
- Latest Data Analytics will be incorporated which help Departments to predict, understand trends and eventually help to serve the citizens better.
- The benefits accruing from the Seva Sindhu project will be convenient and faster delivery of services to the citizens
Some of the major Advantages to the Citizens are
- The Seva Sindhu Portal provides a single platform to the citizens to avail services of different Departments.
- The citizens can access Seva Sindhu Portal Online other than office hours also and submit their request for the service.
- Citizens can track the status of their service request from anywhere & anytime.
- Alternatively, the citizens can visit any of the nearby Common Service Centre available at Gram Panchayat Level for availing the citizen services
- Centralized helpdesk will be available for citizens to clarify doubts and resolve their problems
- Integration of Seva Sindhu with eSign,Digilocker and SSDG
- Issuance of a common Government Order from the State of Karnataka regarding mandatory integration of G2C Services in e-District portal and service charges for delivering the Services through various CSCs.
- Seva Sindhu to be officially launched with more than 100 services from departments
- ntegration of various service delivery channels like Bangalore One, Karnataka One, BapujiSeva Kendra, Atalaji Jana Snehi Kendra, CSC at Gram Panchayat level with Seva Sindhu.
Location : All CSC of District | City : Gadag | PIN Code : 582101